One Of The Best Years Of My Life - 2013 Recap

Thursday, December 19, 2013
Hey guys, Jordan here. Hope you are all doing well. I'm so sorry for not updating the blog as often as I would like to. You may or may not know that since My Little World came out, I've been focusing a lot more on my new startup TeachWare, but that doesn't mean I'm not working on Casey Games anymore, and like last year, on December 30th I will be announcing my plans for the new year. Also last year I did a "Year In Review" post and this is exactly what I'm going to do now. I never expected this year to be as amazing as it turned out to be, this is one of, if not the best years of my life.

Last Year I did bullet points, But this year I'm going to arrange everything in monthly order. Let's get started

January

The year started with a bang. In early January we launched our first game of the new year, Food World. It turned out to be a great success. We took a hiatus on the project however due to our designer, Aidan and his import GCSE exams. With all that's going on at the moment, I can't really try and fit this project into my current active ones, but this is one of the games I wish to try and resume in the new year.

I also got the amazing opportunity to speak at the BETT conference in the EXCEL in London. t was amazing!  This is the first of many trips to London in the year, and I really really really love the city. It's definitely the top place I'd like to live and set up my business in.

February

February was a great month too. I started trying out a radio station entitled "Casey Games FM" but that didn't go too far. I also announced the development of our main game of the year, My Little World.

I got the awesome opportunity to attend the "Casual Connect" Conference in Hamburg for 3 days. It was a really really really benefiting conference, as I got to meet some awesome people from the gaming industry.

March

March, like all the other months was great too.

I got the opportunity to speak at the Games Ireland Gathering in the Aviva Stadium and I got to show My Little World for the first time.

But, March was a very busy month as I put all my focus on My Little World and I made a lot of progress on it.

I also tried another media project, this time being a gaming network, "CGN" but that, like the radio station didn't go too far.

April

April, April, April... one of the BUSIEST and BEST months of the year by far.

On the first of April, I ran a King Of The Web campaign. I finished in an incredible 15th place!

I won the "Best Innovation" award at the Student Enterprise.

I had the amazing opportunity to go to Amsterdam where I spoke at both The Festival of Games and The TNW Conference, both of which were AWESOME!

And the big thing was appearing on Junior Dragons Den on RTÉ. The experience was absolutely amazing! I got a €2000 bursary to work on my company from Peter Casey. It was all amazing! It was amazing exposure for my company, at one point I was the most trending topic on the internet in Ireland:

I gained 300 Twitter followers in 30 minutes and also got a lot of amazing opportunities out of it, but we will get on those later.

May

May was an awesome awesome month! One of the best of the year. Not a lot of things going on at the start of the month, as I was studying for exams, but for the end of it: I got the opportunity to go to Silicon Valley! The tech capital! I got the opportunity speak at the TiEcon event in Silicon Valley, I got the opportunity to visit the HQ of one of my favourite companies: Adobe and I got to meet some amazing, AMAZING people. It was also the first time I've been to the US, It's THE country I've always wanted to visit, so it was amazing on that part too.

June

June was a somewhat quieter month. I did get the opportunity to go to London for the Apps For Good Awards but most of the month I was enjoying my holidays going out to play football with my friends and then working on the game.

July

July on the other hand, was the complete opposite. Busiest month for me. It started off when I was asked by the European Commission to speak at The Digital Agenda Assembly. Now, this event, this was awesome! It took place in Dublin Castle, and the conference was just so so great! I got to opportunity to speak on the same panel as the COO of Rovio (Creator of Angry Birds), I got to meet some amazing people, such as Neelie Kroes (VP of the Commission) and Lord David Puttnam (Oscar winning film producer and Ireland's Digital Champion) Also, thanks to being at the DAA I met a person who asked me to speak at an event in London organized by the Guardian. Also, while there I got the opportunity to visit "Moshi HQ" or Mind Candy's HQ (Creators of Moshi Monsters) and also got to meet Michael Acton Smith or "Mr Moshi" , the founder of the company. For me, this was a massive honor, as when I started getting into technology and computers Moshi Monsters was one of the main games I played, as well as Club Penguin. So, to get the opportunity to meet the creator of one of my favorite games was a dream come true! 

And, one of the highlights of my year was when I was invited by The Irish International Business Network to speak in New York City.. at the Apple Store in SOHO! I saw this as a perfect opportunity to launch My Little World there, and so I did. 

New York is to me, one of the best cities in the world. I loved it so much! At first, we didn't think we were going to make it, as our flight was cancelled, but thankfully, thanks to some amazing people, we did get there in the end. It was just amazing! To get the chance to speak in the Apple Store and to launch an application is just unbelievable and I am so grateful to the IIBN for giving me this chance.

August

August was the month I really started to focus on TeachWare, my latest startup. I'd been working behind the scenes on it for a bit, but it became my main focus in August. I launched the testing versions for the teachers. I also got to speak at the European Pirate Summit in Cologne, Germany again. A unique startup event, this was the second time I had the honoring of attending.. It was great.

September

September came around fast, and I was right back in school.. Yay! 

Another highlight did however take place in September when I spoke at the Campus Party in London.. It was techie heaven! I got to see amazing talks, play the Xbox One early and play people in FIFA, :). Great, GREAT event.

October

October was another busy month for me. At the end of it, the Web Summit event took place in the RDS in Dublin. To coincide with the event, I saw the opportunity to launch TeachWare to the public there. I heard it would be a perfect place to launch a project, and it was indeed. I got a lot of exposure for the product, met a lot of contacts and I also got to speak there.

November

November was here, ALREADY! This year had flown, it had really flown. After launching TeachWare, I decided to take it easy for this month, I celebrated my 14th birthday and I also spoke at the WebCongress event in Miami, Florida, which was another amazing opportunity for which I am very grateful for. Other than that, quiet month.


And so, with that we end another roller coaster of a year... a very fast one as this year absolutely flew... But time flies when you're having fun.

2013 I can honestly say was one of the best years of my entire life, but I wouldn't be where I am today without some help, particularly from my family & friends. I am also extremely grateful to everybody who has helped me and my business this year, whether it be inviting me to a conference, giving me some exposure for a product or giving me some amazing advice, I thank you and am extremely grateful.

And with that, we end another great year. Thank You So Much Everybody and Merry Christmas to all of you! 

-Jordan :)

44 comments:

  1. EA Sporting activities Fifa world cup 15 Best Staff Desire Group World wide web edition has decided to usher within a major revise in the future!
    Fifa 14 Coins PS4
    Cheap RS Gold
    fifa-coin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a 13 year old programmer too, I know C++,PHP, C#,Python, JavaScript(ikr) & A hint of ASM. I've made my own programming language called COIL (Complex Output Input Language). It's on soucreforge. I've set up a dev team called ThePondPeople. If you do know C++ than you can help me work on it. Try It out. Contact me on my Google+ account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah on sourceforge look up 'coillang'. If you don't have a 64-bit windows machine, then you can compile from sorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is a great source of information. if you want to get more iOS Game just click the mentioned link

    Sniper King

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome game for anyone who has a desire to learn about marine life. Not only do children enjoy this game but it is also suitable for adults. Players are able to use the Wii to swim around a make believe island called Manoa Lai to check out a variety of underwater zones and examine different species of marine life. Each time a new animal is encountered the game offers a lesson about that particular sea creature. If you have a kid who you think would be great as a marine biologist one day then this is definitely the game for him or her. In addition, even younger players will find playing this game as there is no element of danger, not even when a shark encounter takes place.
    the website

    buy fifa coins cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Game. I like this kind of Site. All Game is good. If you like this kind of another site. you can visit this site. Thanks for admin who create this blog. I think it is great and informatics.
    emulateur 3ds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ... you explain it very well. Its an informative blog.
    Jumping Jack App

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is a great source of information.one of my fvrt games.
    The blog is quite awesome. if you want to get more iOS Game just click the mentioned link

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tomdom/id862948886?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome man really happy for you congratulations
    http://dailyunblockedgames.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, im 14 and learning c# myself..i feel lonely in this community which apparently is so large.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the reasons many businesses don’t comply with health and safety legislation is that they don’t have the necessary routines and forms which allow them to take care of a lot of their compliance but http://www.highvisibilitywhs.com/ have the best quality service.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of the reasons many businesses don’t comply with health and safety legislation is that they don’t have the necessary routines and forms which allow them to take care of a lot of their compliance but have the best quality service.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moonsandsoftware.com is expert and professional in development of games and app or software. You can get our services relates to games and aps. Here are options for Game development company, app development company and jeddag game company.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the article is base on the whole year story.Mobit Airport Parking

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to have here on your blog jordan! network cabling

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had some wonderful moments and I am sure that you enjoyed your moments a lot with your friends while studying about top writers reviews post, enjoying and celebrating. I am also going to get my degree this year and hope that will write mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once you are done with creating a new Apple iCloud account at icloud sign in account

    ReplyDelete
  20. Trekking in Nepal has never been easy with Adventure Great Himalaya. While you are at it, don't forget to look at our Everest Base Camp Trek Packages.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service. I always appreciate your post. That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.iot training institutes in chennai | industrial iot training chennai

    ReplyDelete
  23. If i talk games as fps game is future career of many gamer they can win many prize in gaming. I also want to tell you that i am a pro player and i have many fps gaming event and my favrite game is csgo and i playing with csgo account from shop csgo smurf accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your blog, it’s truly amazing. Visit OGEN Infosystem for dynamic website designing and development services and also get SEO Services for website promotion.
    SEO Service in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed reading this blog. It was explained and structured with perfection; Best Digital Marketing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  26. such an incredible blog, Great tip, as always. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. keep sharing, your positivity is infectious.

    Trekking in Nepal
    Annapurna Base camp Trek
    Nepal Mardi Himal Trek
    Annapurna Circuit Trek
    Everest Base camp trek

    ReplyDelete
  27. Google adsense is one of the best way to earn money online through websites,youtube ,facebook and so on.You can earn a huge amount of money from your youtube videos and website .if You can use Adsense to make money on YouTube videos.First you will have to create Adsense account.For that, you will have to need to link your YouTube account to AdSense account.

    Read more:
    Google Pay to Bank Account

    Make Money on YouTube

    Upload a Video to YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  28. such an incredible blog, Great tip, as always. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. keep sharing, your positivity is infectious.
    Nepal Manaslu Circuit trek
    Nepal Khopra Trek
    Everest chola pass trek
    Langtang Vally Trekking
    Jungle Safari

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the valuable info provided in your article. I will bookmark your blog and often check back here. how to boost credit score 100 points fast

    ReplyDelete
  31. what do codes mean google assistant amazon alexa smart bulb e26 vs e27 vs e22 It turns out that these codes have been around for decades and have nothing to.

    ReplyDelete
  32. In order to do orbilogin firmware update, turn off and on your Orbi router and satellites. The router and satellite are not in close proximity to each other. Place the router in close proximity to the satellite. There is no way to update the Orbi firmware automatically if you don't have access to the internet. Infected cache files may be found in the Orbi router files. You got a firmware file from a fake and insecure website. Just in case you accidentally downloaded the firmware for a different router model. Check for updates in your browser and clear all cookies and receipts. Perhaps this is why the Orbi firmware update isn't working as well.


    Orbi Satellite Not Connecting

    ReplyDelete
  33. The default gateway http://extender.linksys.comis used to access the login page of the Linksys extender. The linksys extender login linksys extender login page can also be accessed using the default IP address. When you access the web interface of the Linksys extender, you can configure and change the various wireless settings of the extender. Want more help with the login process? Call our technicians now on the toll-free number.

    ReplyDelete