Casey Games: Greenboy Touch

Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Hey guys, Jordan here.Today I am going to tell you a story:
One day just after I came back from the 'Cannes Lions Festival' I looked up "How to clear your desktop without uninstalling items on Mac" I got a response, and some bozo said "All you have to do is drag the items into your trash and empty it...It will still be on your desktop folder in Finder.So, I (stupidly) did what he said.Not really noticing what I had done.It was only 2 days later when I went to go and work on Alien Ball RPG that...it wasn't there.Then I checked my desktop folder in Finder...Nothing was there! I was starting to freak out a bit..I had 2 massive projects, Greenboy (which I was going to expand on) & Alien Ball RPG.So, I tried to recover, but got nothing.So, I thought I had to start again from scartch, but I never had the time to do so.So, I decided to think of some new projects, and then I thought about Adobe and them giving me Creative Suite Master Collection.And so, came the idea of "Greenboy 2" and because nobody really played Greenboy, and it wasn't on Mobile devices, that I came up with the term "Greenboy Touch" which will be made in Adobe Air.I plan on releasing this for iOS and maybe Android considering the Adobe AIR runtime is way quicker on Android, but I can't just make a game and not put it on iOS.But recently, my Coder Dojo mentors were showing me a game that had developed in Adobe AIR, they published it on iOS and Android.It was way quicker on Android.I suppose thats because Android is Open Source (Fun Fact:Android is a Linux  based operating system) But, I'm going off track.Anyway, so Greenboy touch will take a couple of weeks to develop.But, because I don't need a paid Android developer account to test it on my Android tab & I have a paid Apple Developer License then I can test it and see if it's good enough.If I don't like it, well thats that.So, anyway expect an update in the coming weeks, I will start development once I get the software from Adobe.Thanks Guys-Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan. Ever thought of investing in a time machine external hard drive to back up your stuff. ? Your deleted files would be there if you had it set up... Great work otherwise. Kjell

    ReplyDelete