What have I done since we last spoke.

Monday, June 25, 2012
Hey guys, Jordan here.Sorry for not having any time to update my blog, I've been EXTREMELY busy since we last spoke, and I'm not exaggerating.If you might have read my last post you might have heard that I was speaking in Cannes..CANNES!! Cannes Lions!! One of the biggest festivals in the world.With companies such as Twitter, Microsoft, YouTube, Facebook, Google, JWT, Adobe and a lot more taking part.Let's start it off, let me give you the whole story.Starting now:


"Well, it was just a week before I was on the plane to Cannes that I found out..I was going to Cannes.I was contacted by a really kind women called Anaka, she worked at a company called JWT and told me that the company had planned a Seminar at the Cannes Lions festival titled "Junior Worldmakers" Worldmakers, meaning I think people who change the world & well Junior being kids.They had asked me...ME to speak at the seminar with 2 other amazing kids! One Caine Monroy and another Adora Svitak.Caine being the creator of Caine's Arcade and Adora being an author since 7, a child activist and the youngest ever speaker at TED.I was soooooo happy to get this opportunity and to be honest..a bit shocked.Like, to stand alongside these amazing people.So, we were leaving for Cannes on the Saturday morning.
Caine and his arcade
So, on the Friday, my Mam (or as some of you outside of Ireland call Mom) was out at a friends birthday, she was coming with me the next morning.My dad had said he would drop us at the airport.But, just as I was about to go to bed, I got an email from the people at JWT giving me a schedule for the weekend.The first thing
Saturday:
 "06:00:LimoLink Car picks Jordan and Louise up from home and brings them to Dublin Airport
12:00 Go on Flight
14:00 Arrive in Airport, man holding sign saying "Casey" will drive Jordan and Louise to Hotel D'albier in LimoLink car"And I was like :O, my dad was supposed to be dropping us off, I was sooooo grateful and soo excited for the experience of a lifetime.So, when we arrived we took it easy for the day.But, on Sunday..it was a different story, when we woke up we went to the Cannes Lions exhibition, only to see two booths, YouTube giving away hats and beach balls, a fun video activity & FREE SMOOTHIES! And...on the other side, Microsoft with a booth, showing off Windows 8, Kinect and a fun Twitter competition that I will get into in a few minutes.
Hotel Room
So, there was a Twitter competition called Tweets in Space where you get 100 points by Tweeting #MSACannes and the person with the most points wins a FREE Nokia Lumia 900, which isn't even released in Ireland..You probably know what I'm getting at...I won the Nokia
Me on the screen
So, that night we had the dinner with the other speakers and the JWT team, It was really fun

Monday:
So Monday was the big day, the seminar day.So we woke up and went to the hotel where we were meeting up..In a suite!It was fun and we got our hair and makeup done.And then we went to speak in front of about, 1,100 people.Here is the highlights:




It was really fun and also nervewrecking.After that, we had a really nice lunch and then we filmed a couple of interviews and a short piece for a Russian film team, which they were asking questions about children in the government and Caine and I, were like Ehhhh... But Adora was really really good at answering the questions.So, we went back to the hotel and I checked my email and received one from a man called Till Ohrman, who told me I had won a scholorship for Germany at the European Pirate Summit which I applied for a while ago.Things were really going my way, and still are.Then my Mam & I went to the beach and saw that Caine and the director of Caine's film, Nirvan were there.So, we made like a massive sandcastle and that was, fun!When leaving the beach, walking up the pier I spotted a logo, Adobe's logo! If you guys didn't know, I love Adobe.Greenboy was made in Flash & every single graphic for my game was  created in Photoshop.When I walked up I met these really nice people, who believe or not had seen our seminar....ADOBE HAD SEEN OUR SEMINAR! They were so nice and gave me a free Adobe T-Shirt and my Mam a bag full of goodies.They asked me to do an interview with them the next, day...I WAS GETTING INTERVIEWED BY ADOBE!
Me with the adobe guys!
So, the next day (Our Final day) I did an amazing interview with Adobe


And then, just after the interview had finished, Pooja who worked for Adobe said to me "Okay, you can either have Creative Cloud or Creative Suite 6 Master Collection" and when I heard that I was like :O :O :O :O, An amazing experience in Cannes, A Nokia Lumia 900, the chance to meet some amazing people and Free software.I feel like the luckiest kid alive.So, we got a LimoLink car home and when I arrived at my door, all my family were there to greet me.It was amazing.What a weekend! Then, today I got an email from a man called Graham Barlow, the editor of my favorite magazine called MacFormat, saying they'd like to interview me for the magazine, and now, IT'S MY LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL! Also, my last week of Primary School.I am sooo lucky and I am so grateful for that.Just a couple of months ago I said, "Hey, I could make an app" Now, look at me.Thank you soo much guys for sticking with me, thank you -Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment